Essential Beach App For Your Mobile DeviceBy Redcar RNLI published 7 August, 2012 No Comments
There’s nothing better than hitting the beach on a sunny day. But don’t let your day be ruined by trouble in the water.
With more people visiting the beach than ever before, our lifeguards and lifeboat crews have never been busier. We believe that, by providing beach safety advice and education programmes, many more lives can be saved.
The RNLI Beach Finder mobile app is now available to download, free for both Android and Apple devices.
You can search the UK for beaches with lifeguards to make sure you have a safe and fun trip to the coast this Summer.
You can also see real-time weather information, enter our fun sandcastle competition, complete a challenging beach quiz and send virtual postcards!
The App Features:
- Search the UK for beaches with lifeguards.
- Enter our sandcastle competition.
- Test your knowledge with a challenging beach quiz.
- Send virtual postcards from your favourite beaches.
- Check in at beaches using Twitter or Facebook.
- View live weather and 5-day forecasts.
- Check water quality with information from the Marine Conservation Society.
- View lifeguard season dates, patrol times and safety warnings.
All this for FREE
To get the app for your android device visit https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cube.rbf
To get the app for your Apple Device visit http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/rnli-beach-finder/id532084501?mt=8
for more information on Beach saftey and the RNLI app visit http://rnli.org/safetyandeducation/stayingsafe/beach-safety/Pages/Beach-safety-advice.aspxTags: RNLILocal News