Become an Author
Contribute to Redcar & Cleveland
You can contribute news, stories and events to Redcar & Cleveland and the rest of the world through our website by becoming an author.
What is an Author?
An Author is a member of our website who has access and the ability to Post News Articles, Stories, Press releases, Event Items and publish them live to the world. As an author you also have the ability to update and delete their submissions at any time and monitor page views and comments to your posts.
Why become an Author?
If you are part of an organisation, local group or simple have an interest in a subject area you wish to share with the local community and the rest of the world, becoming an author gives you the tools to publish and promote your group or interest. For example, if you are a member for a local sports club/team, publishing your upcoming matches/competitions and your result or changes in the team will increase the local awareness of your team/club and can increase your fan base.
Benefits of becoming an Author
- Ability to post unlimited News, Stories & Events 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Ability to moderate comments on your articles
- Your own profile page with information on yourself/organisation and links to your latest posts.
- Your own RSS feed of your posts (which you can then link to your own facebook etc account)
- Reach hundreds of thousands of local and worldwide users without having to own a website!
- Automated link to our facebook and twitter account to maximise your audience.
- Technical Support when needed.
- Secure account to login to & update your posts at any time day or night, all that’s required is an internet connection!
- Post articles direct from your mobile phone.
How much does it cost?
You can become an author for FREE.
Author membership is free to charities, non-profit groups, non-profit organisations & individuals*
How do I become an Author?
To become an author please sign up to a standard account, this can be a personal account or an account for your charity, group or organisation (if you are using a shared account for your organisation please make sure only members allowed to post information know your login details).
Once you have created your account you need to contact us either via email with your phone number or contact us direct via phone and speak to a member of our web team. The member of the team will gather information from your self regarding the information you wish to post in the future before upgrading your account.
Once your account is upgraded a member of our web team will train you on how to use the site.
*Individuals signing up to an an author account are bound by terms and conditions. Authors must not sell news stories to be posted on The Eye Magazine Website.